HET ANKER takes your privacy seriously and therefore implements all appropriate measures to protect this privacy in accordance with the Act of 30 july 2018 on the Protection of Privacy with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and, as of 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). In both cases, this is done cumulatively with all the legislation through which they are introduced or supplemented and any other applicable legislation in the field of data protection or privacy.
By requesting a quote or advice from us, by using this website, social media or (possible) mobile applications, by using the products and services offered by HET ANKER, by applying to us or by delivering to us, you expressly agree to the way in which HET ANKER collects and processes personal data.
1. The controller
The controller is HET ANKER nv, Guido Gezellelaan 49, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium, business number BE 0400.793.706.
The appointed GDPR contact person at Het Anker is Mr Paul Verbruggen. Please contact him via email@example.com giving reference ‘GDPR – Paul Verbruggen’ or by calling +32 15 287141.
HET ANKER attaches importance to protecting the security of your data. We make extra efforts to take technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data provided and collected against destruction, loss, unintentional alteration, damage, accidental or unlawful access or any other unauthorised processing of personal data. The number of staff members who have access to your personal data is limited and they have access solely to the extent that this is necessary to carry out their tasks.
3. Data collection and processing
‘Personal data’ are understood to mean all information about an identified or identifiable natural person’ (hereinafter ‘data’).
Your ‘data’ may be collected and processed in various ways, including the following:
Each time you use our website, cookies and similar technologies may collect various personal data about you, in particular your IP address, browsing behaviour, device type, location, the date and duration of website use and operating system;
- Customer and supplier data
Upon registration, when filling in a form such as newsletter, placing an order on our website: your (first) name, date of birth gender, address (street, house number, postal code, city, country), e-mail address, telephone number, the name and address of your company, VAT number, bank account number and any other data you transfer to us;
- Communication data
If you call us, e-mail or submit a contact form, we may collect the following personal data: your name, e-mail address, telephone number, as well as the data you disclose yourself;
4. Processing purposes
Your ‘data’ will only be used, among other things, when:
Providing and improving the website and including personal data in anonymous statistics, with the legal basis being your explicit, prior consent on your first visit to our website [to be supplemented with other purposes cookies, e.g. marketing];
- Customer, supplier and communication data
Answering questions and requests for information, with the legal basis being the performance of a service you have requested;
Direct marketing, newsletters, actions and promotions, with the legal basis being our legitimate interest with regard to existing customers or your explicit, prior consent if you are not yet a customer. You can indicate at any time that you no longer wish to receive our newsletters via the opt-out option in our newsletters or by contacting us directly by e-mail or telephone;
The delivery and invoicing of products or services ordered by you, with the legal basis being the performance of an agreement you requested and for which the processing of your personal data is necessary or because it is required by law or because Het Anker has a legitimate interest to do so;
5. Forwarding to third parties
HET ANKER will not furnish third parties with your data without your prior consent unless HET ANKER is obliged to do so on the basis of a legal provision or a court ruling. We undertake not to sell the data acquired to third parties for commercial purposes under any circumstances.
HET ANKER calls on suppliers and subcontractors such as ICT companies for the maintenance and management of our website, companies entrusted with deliveries, consultants, marketing agencies, etc. in order to outsource some of our services to them. We ensure that these subcontractors manage your data securely, respectfully and with due diligence and do not disclose them to third parties.
6. Storage period
We keep your data as long as this is necessary for the purposes of each processing operation.
- Customer profile: if you do not place an order for 3 years, we will delete your customer profile;
- “Invoicing data: we must keep your invoicing data for legal reasons for at least 7 years from the calendar year following the last invoice date;
- Newsletters: if you are an existing customer, we keep your newsletter data for 2 years after your last order. If you are not an existing customer and have given your consent for newsletters, we will keep your data until you have withdrawn your consent;
7. Right of consultation, rectification, deletion, restriction, transferability, objection and complaint of personal data
The Customer has the right at any time to
- take notice, free of charge, of his personal data and of the use we make of that personal data;
- request HET ANKER to correct, supplement or delete his personal data;
- in a number of cases listed in the GDPR, also request to restrict the processing of his personal data;
- oppose the processing of his personal data if he has serious and legitimate reasons to do so that override our need to process his data;
- oppose the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes, even without having to provide a reason for doing so;
- to request his personal data in digital and readable form and/or to have it transferred to another service provider of his choice;
- withdraw his consent insofar as such processing is based on his prior consent;
In order to exercise the aforementioned rights, the customer is requested to:
- send an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the sake of completeness, we also inform you of your right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority (GBA) if HET ANKER does not respond to a request for access to your data or refuses your request. You also have this right if you believe that the processing carried out by HET ANKER may be unauthorised.
The customer has the right to complain to the Data Protection Authority (GBA) at the following addresses:
Data Protection Authority
Press Street 35- 1000 Brussels
+32 (0)2 274 48 00 / +32 (0)2 274 48 35 / email@example.com
This is without prejudice to a remedy before a civil court. Should the Customer suffer damage as a result of the processing of his personal data, he may bring an action for damages.
9. Direct marketing
The customer has the right to object, free of charge, to any processing of his personal data with a view to direct marketing.
Company name: HET ANKER nv
Registered office: Guido Gezellelaan 49, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
Business number: BE 0400.793.706
Websites: www.hetanker.be, www.maneblusser.com, www.stokerijdemolenberg.be
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
Tel.: +32 15 287141